Job Title: Financial Administration Apprentice
Apprentice Level: 2
Working Hours: 37.5
Wage: Minimum apprentice wage
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to be part of a hardworking and friendly team. The role as Financial Administration Apprentice is to provide administrative support and deliver a high level of customer service and written communication skills to customers and colleagues. The role will include working with financial and personal information and producing reports.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for the practice by answering telephone calls in a polite and professional manner
- Forward calls to the appropriate person in a speedy and efficient manner
- Check voicemails and forward to the appropriate person
- Distribute incoming mail, faxes and courier deliveries
- Keep accurate and timely records of all communications with clients and product providers.
- Maintain diaries and make appointments
- Prepare meeting packs
- Update the database with relevant information
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and colleagues
- Interpret instructions and implement actions according to operating procedures
- Prepare and distribute mailshots including client correspondence
- Post mail and courier parcels
- Filing, photocopying, scanning and shredding
- Check stationery supplies, order stationery and deal with deliveries
- Input information accurately on to the various systems
- Correspond information by email and by letter accurately
- Produce reports as and when required.
- Continually seek to improve computer skills and the use of the computer as an effective tool to develop efficiency
- Keep up to date and understand all the company’s internal procedures as they apply to the performance of the role.
- Somebody who is a confident verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Written skills should be of a high standard.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good IT skills in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and social media.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- Attention to detail is essential when inputting and selecting information
- Must be able to work to targets and deadlines
- Must have good time keeping and attendance records.
- The successful candidate will be Highly organised with the ability to multitask.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- An enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude
- Friendly and approachable.
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record.
- Must have a mature attitude and be able to work effectively in a team
- A willingness to follow business processes and procedures
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Must be committed to developing skills throughout their apprenticeship training and thereafter.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to keep financial and personal information secure, in accordance with data protection and confidentiality policies.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to Saira Najma: [email protected]